Tuesday, March 17, 2009

XXXVI_MPFW

Hello all! Welcome to 36! I figured I'll do a short one for you with reviews of Peggle and MadWorld. I'm once again back on Twitter, so become a follower. The link is on the right. I'm going to update it when new MPFW's are posted as well as other trivial information. Let's get right to it!

Peggle review

When I first saw pictures of this game, I was originally going to pass on it since it looked lame. I got the demo for the Xbox Live Arcade and was pleasantly surprised. This is a puzzle game where you shoot marbles at pegs and clear all of the orange pegs in the level to continue. You get different characters to use all with different powers.

It's a colorful game that's nice to look at. It is also extremely addicting. Adventure mode is pretty fun. The challenge mode can be, well, challenging. The online modes are pretty fun and runs pretty smooth, so you don't have to worry about lag much. This game has a lot of replay value since you'll become addicted with trying to complete all of the challenges and earn all of the achievements.

This is my favorite downloadable game of the year so far, so I highly recommend it. Only costs $10 which is a fair price.

MadWorld review

I'll get right to it, if you like violence, then you'll love this game. There is a lot of over-the-top violence in this game and I love it. Anyway, you play as Jack and fight enemies with your chainsaw on your arm. The game's story is pretty good and it's similar to Running Man mixed with No More Heroes with a Sin City art style. The black and white art style looks great and it makes the red blood more noticeable. I'm sure if the Wii supported HD, this game would look phenomenal.

I can go on about how much I love the commentary in this game. Greg Proops and John DiMaggio (the voice of Bender from Futurama) are hilarious together. The only problem is that the game sounds, the music and the commentary can create one, big audio mess. Thankfully, you can turn down certain parts.

The gameplay is pretty fun. You got to kill enemies to get points. The more creative the kill, the more points you get. I found the Wii motion controls much more responsive than No More Heroes, because I usually had problems when doing wrestling moves in that game. Once you get enough points, you'll open up the boss fights, which are really cool. The only problems with this game are the camera, and it can be tough to lock onto enemies.

I found this game very fun, but it was extremely easy and short, at only about 5 hours. When you complete the game, you unlock hard mode and some additional weapons, so that will give you a reason to play through it again. I recommend it, but rent it rather than purchasing it.

Hope you liked this one. The next MPFW will be epic! It's going to be live reviews from all 3 nights of CHIKARA's "King of Trios 2009" plus maybe some photos and stuff from the fan conclave. Get ready for it! Tell your friends! If it's not posted by the night of the 30th, it'll most likely be there the next day. I'm probably going to be exhausted and I'm working the Monday after.

If any of you would like to send money through Paypal for me to buy merch, feel free to do so. Also, I got some old wrestling shirts I am selling. If you're interested, email me at m.irizarry.jr@gmail.com . Stay tuned!

0 comments: