Sunday, May 4, 2008

Few notes from 5/4/08

Hey friends,
I'm just going to write a little bit about my Sunday. I went to a wrestling show at my college today called United Wrestling Coalition. It was alright. It was outside because it was a beautiful day and I even got burnt a little. I'm not going to go into details about the results for this one.

The show opened with a battle royal won by Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne. He got a World Heavyweight Championship shot in the main event. Yes I just said Alex Payne, championship and main event all in the same sentence. For some reason this was the only picture I took.


I forget most of the other matches. Among some of the people there were Cindy Rogers of SHIMMER, Rhett Titus, Mitch Franklin, Bobby Dempsey and Shane Hagadorn from the ROH school, and even Vin Gerard of CHIKARA. Tim Donst was scheduled to be there, but I talked to him on the MySpace and he said that he wasn't going to be there. Also I read that Reckless Youth was going to be there, but he wasn't.

There wasn't any sort of autograph signing here. I was able to get Cindy Rogers to sign the SHIMMER roster album that I have. She was nice. I told her that one of these days I'm going to go to Chicago for a SHIMMER show.

I was rather impressed with Rhett Titus and Shane Hagadorn. Rhett Titus has improved a lot from when I first saw him wrestle and his character has developed a lot. Of course, Hagadorn always does a great job being a total jerk.

I wore my Vin Gerard t-shirt to this show. When Vin was coming out I shouted "YEAH EQUINOX!" He glared at me and I gave him a thumbs up. I love pissing him off. He got beat up by the opposing team after his match. Hahahahaha.

In the main event, CHIKARA founding-father Don Montoya beat Alex Payne to retain the UWC World Heavyweight Championship.

That's about it. See you next time!
-Mike

0 comments: