Saturday, May 10, 2008

Reviews of Speed Racer and ROH "Driven"

Well yesterday I went and saw Speed Racer. I like going when school is happening because I hate nothing more than kids in a movie theater. The were only a few people seeing this movie, about 15 people. I saw a few guys there I knew from high school there as well.

I remember seeing a few episodes of the original cartoon a while back when I first discovered Cartoon Network. First off, if you like lots of pretty colors, then you'll love this movie. I had a really neat cartoon style which was pretty cool. This one should look great on all your HDTV's when and if you get it on DVD.

I thought this movie was OK. Not great, but not horrible. The acting was OK. I forgot John Goodman was still alive and I always thought Christina Ricci was pretty. This movie is mostly for kids, so there's a lot of stuff that kids might find hilarious, such as all the stuff with Chimchim. The story was a little confusing at some points, but it sort of all made sense at the end. So like most movies these days, it's mostly all special effects.

Forgot to mention in the trailers there was a computer-animated Star Wars movie, The Clone Wars, that will be coming soon. Also a new Eddie Murphy movie which looks really stupid. Oh Eddie Murphy, how the mighty have fallen.


Since school is over, I've been able to start watching some of my DVD's that I have. I believe I have 15 wrestling DVD's and at least 20 movies I've yet to watch. I picked up this one and decided to watch. I haven't watched the bonus matches yet, but I've heard that Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA is quite awesome and better than their match from "Glory By Honor V Night 2".

Roderick Strong, Davey Richards and Rocky Romero vs. Erick Stevens, Matt Cross and Delirious - This match was a very good opener. Very fast paced match and very stiff. Despite what other people may say, I like Matt Cross and I miss seeing him wrestle.

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Matt Sydal - Claudio rules and I miss Sydal. This was another very good match. Is there such thing as a bad Claudio match? NO!

Naomichi Marufuji vs. BJ Whitmer - Good match. Nothing really fantastic from Whitmer, but I love Marufuji and this was pretty much a showcase for him.

Brent Albright vs. Pelle Primeau - Take a wild guess on who won. Just basically a squash match with one of my favorite moves in all of pro wrestling, the half-nelson suplex. Yeah I mark for head drops.

Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen and El Generico - I've been reading a lot of anti-Briscoe stuff lately, but from watching this match, I still think the Briscoes are awesome. Very, very good match. This match included a gem of Dave Prazak commentary, "Kevin Steen looks pissed off!" It's quite a shame that Steenerico hasn't won the tag titles yet.

Takeshi Morishima vs. Jimmy Rave - This was quite short for a ROH World title match, but it was just used to show Morishima's dominant title reign. I miss Jimmy Rave in ROH.

Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness - This is the best match I have ever seen live. I watched this DVD mostly just to see this match again. I can't describe how awesome this match is. Everything is this match is great. This whole stiff shot sequence near the end is just the icing on the cake. I LOVE THIS MATCH!

I'd definitely recommend picking this one up. It's a great one to add to your ROH collection.

0 comments: