Sunday, May 11, 2008

A summer of wrestling

One of my favorite things to do is to hype up wrestling shows I plan on going to. So here we go!

CHIKARA "Grit and Glory" - May 18

NEXT WEEK! This is the second half of the Rey de Voladores weekend. The card for this one looks great. If I wasn't working this Saturday night, I would've gone, but sadly I'm working. I was hoping PAC would be in it again this year, but he isn't. However, Sonjay Dutt is in it! I haven't watched TNA for a year and I forgot he still wrestled. It's hard for me to predict who will advance in Rey de Voladores this year.

Gran Akuma vs. ???
His opponent will be somebody eliminated from Rey de Voladores. I'm thinking it'll either be PSYCHO, TJ Cannon, and if he doesn't make it, I'll say Sonjay Dutt.

Brodie Lee vs. Pelle Primeau
Well, this will basically be Brodie just mauling Pelle.

Sara Del Rey and Bobby Dempsey vs. Daizee Haze and Chuck Taylor
I'm looking forward to this one believe it or not. There's sure to be some funny interactions between Taylor and Dempsey. I'm picking Sara and Dempsey to win here.

Claudio Castagnoli, Pantera and ??? vs. Mike Quackenbush, Jorge Rivera and ???
For this one as well, their partners will be guys eliminated from Rey de Voladores. For Team Quack, I say it'll be Turboman. For Team Claudio, it'll either be Lince Dorado or Incognito. More likely it'll be Lince. I'm picking Team Quack to win.

The Colony vs. The Fabulous Three
This should be a fun match. Colony seems to be on a mission with their latest promo and at the last few Philly events, The Fab 3 seemed to be falling apart, so Colony should win this one.

CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas - Incoherence defends vs. The Osirian Portal
I really think Incoherence will win. If Incoherence wins, it should be 2 falls to 0 since that's never happened in CHIKARA yet. I'd be shocked if Osirian Portal won, but they do deserve at 1 fall.

Rey de Voladores Final - ??? vs. ???
I can barely decide who it's going to be in the final. I'm just going to say it'll either be PSYCHO or Helios vs. Incognito or Sonjay Dutt.

Ring of Honor - June 7

I'm real excited for going back to ROH! I missed the "Take No Prisoners" taping since I was low on cash at the time. So far only one match is announced, but I'm sure after I post this blog, they'll release a newswire with another match or something. I already plan on buying $120 in DVD's to get caught up with my collection. If you care, I'm definitely going to get "Man Up", "Rising Above", "Dragon Gate Challenge II" and "Supercard of Honor III". If they're out by then, I'm going to get "Take No Prisoners" and "Injustice".

Fight Without Honor - Roderick Strong vs. Erick Stevens
Hopefully this won't disappoint. The end of the street fight from "Death Before Dishonor V Night 2" featuring these guys was pretty intense. If it's more stuff like that, I'll be happy. Also I've read these guys have had some incredibly brutal matches lately.

CHIKARA "Young Lions Cup VI Night 3" - June 15

I wanted to go to last year's Young Lions Cup, but I didn't. I might go this year, but Fathers' Day and my brother's birthday is this day. With gas prices being real high lately, I don't really know. If there's some big names there, I'll try and go.

Ring of Honor - August 2

I haven't made up my mind on whether I'm going or not. Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin will both be there. I REALLY want to see both of these guys live. If I do go, I'm probably going to take a train up there.

Also I'll be at all the CHIKARA and ROH shows in Philadelphia they announce, if I got enough cash.

0 comments: