Saturday, July 5, 2008

XI_MPFW

Don't call it a comeback!! I've had a busy week at work last week and had a hard time trying to sit down and type, plus other things kept coming up that I want to cram into this blog. In this big one, we got a Guitar Hero: Aerosmith review, some Watchmen stuff, "Weird Al" Yankovic in concert, Hellboy II review and some upcoming wrestling shows.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith review

While I wasn't working, I got and have been playing Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for my Wii. I think it's a good game and a fun Guitar Hero game as expected. I was rocking out to the version of "Walk This Way" with Run-DMC while playing because it's such an awesome song. As of this typing, I beat it on expert, but I still need to beat the Joe Perry guitar battle, and I need to five-star only 3 more songs on hard.

Now onto my gripes for this game:
-Game is rather short and not very challenging.
-Not much variety since it is mostly Aerosmith songs.
-During career mode, you don't have much of a choice in the order of songs you play. In the beginning you have 2 opening acts to choose from, then you play the next Aerosmith song, unless you quit and choose the other Aerosmith song. After that, the encore.
-Should have been only $30 or less since it is basically Guitar Hero III, but with less songs.
-I'm not one to complain about graphics in games, but compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, the graphics for the Wii version are quite bad. I can't find a picture of Steven Tyler in the Wii version, but trust me, he's scary.
-You can only use the characters (Axel Steel, Judy Nails, Izzy Sparks, etc.) and guitars that you buy in the store for non-Aerosmith songs in career mode and online mode, which makes the money you earn in career mode useless unless you want the bonus songs and the behind-the-scenes videos.

Also, I saw on X-Play different ways that you modify your guitar so it looks cooler. So I decided to take some nail polish and splatter it on the faceplate. I just want to buy a bunch of blank ones so I can mess around with them and try some other ideas. I took this picture with my webcam, hence the bad quality.


Watchmen stuff

I love the Watchmen graphic novel. Recently I read it again just to understand it more. I've been looking at the pictures of everybody's updated costumes that were released a while ago and I love them.

The Comedian looks pretty awesome.

Ozymandias looks a bit Batman-ish and the actor reminds me of Tobey Maguire.

RORSCHACH! The mask will be constantly changing patterns in the film. Also for Wizard World Philly 2009, I plan on going in costume as Rorschach.

You can see the rest of the characters and other news at the official Watchmen movie site. Some more great Watchmen news, I read that the first trailer will be shown with the trailers before The Dark Knight!! Also, the action figures for the movie will be available in January 2009.

"Weird Al" Yankovic in concert

This past Wednesday, my whole family went down to the House o
f Blues in Atlantic City, NJ. I first got into him when I was driving with my dad and he put on "Amish Paradise". This was way back when Coolio was big. Whatever happened to Coolio anyway? So with that, I became a fan of Weird Al.

The concert was fantastic. Unfortunately I have no pictures. Apparently, the tickets say no digital cameras, but I saw at least 5 people with cameras. Ah well. During all of his costume changes, he played some "interviews". He took answers from previous celebrity interviews and cut them
together comedically, for example, making fun of Jessica Simpson and trashing Kevin Federline. He played most of his songs from his "Straight Outta Lynwood" album as well as his old hits like "Amish Paradise", "Fat", "Smells Like Nirvana", "The Saga Begins" and others. The encore was "Albuquerque" in its entirety. Sadly, he didn't play one of my favorites, "Dare To Be Stupid". After the show I got one of his tour t-shirts.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army review

I've only seen the first Hellboy movie once when it was in theaters and I liked it. I first saw the trailer at Wizard World Philly this year and was looking forward to this one very much. I thought this movie was great and I even got a free poster!


All of the character designs and the storyline were great.
Each character design was different from one another (besides the prince and princess) and were all very cool. The story kept my interest throughout and the acting was very good. Some funny stuff in here especially when Hellboy and Abe Sapian are drinking. Seth MacFarland played the voice of Johann Kraus, the ectoplasmic guy, which I liked since I'm a fan of Family Guy. If you like the superhero movies, then you'll love this one. If you don't, go see it anyway.

Wrestling shows coming up!

For now I'm definitely attending CHIKARA on July 13 this Sunday and ROH in the Hammerstein Ballroom on August 2! Also I just read that the ROH show on September 20 in Philadelphia has been moved to the New Alhambra Arena, so I'll be going to that, even though I haven't bought tickets yet. My live report of CHIKARA should be up on Sunday night.

Final card for CHIKARA "Tragedy and Triumph" on Sunday:
- Gran Akuma, Icarus and The Osirian Portal vs. Worker Ant, Soldier Ant, Player Uno and Stupefied - Should be a fun atomicos match.
- Tim Donst vs. UltraMantis Black - Not expecting much from this one
- Ultimo Breakfast vs. Jimmy Olsen - Hopefully we'll see Jimmy's finisher
- Incognito vs. Chuck Taylor - If Incognito wins, I'll cry
- Fire Ant defends vs. Vin Gerard for the Young Lions Cup - I think Bull Pain will end up interfering in this match
- Mike Quackenbush vs. Shane Storm - This should be a good one and hopefully will lead to Shane Storm finally going heel
- Lince Dorado vs. Eddie Kingston - Things don't look good for Lince in this one
- Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brodie Lee, No DQ - This one I'm looking forward to the most
- Incoherence defends vs. The Fabulous Two for the Campeonatos de Parejas - I wouldn't be surprised if the Fab Two win and if Larry Sweeney somehow interferes in this one

Matches so far for ROH "Death Before Dishonor VI" in Hammerstein Ballroom:
- For the ROH World Championship: Current champion vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black vs. TBD - So far, I want to see Nigel McGuinness still be champ just to see some more mix up of him with Danielson and Black
- For the NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Adam Pearce defends vs. Brent Albright - It'll be cool if Albright won the title since he was huge over at the last Hammerstein show
- Kevin Steen and El Generico vs. Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin - This match made me want to buy tickets just for this match, so I did
- Naomichi Marufuji vs. Go Shiozaki - This should be a nice NOAH match

That does it for me. Hope you enjoyed it. CHIKARA live report in the next one!

0 comments: