Sunday, June 22, 2008

X_MPFW

In the 10th ever "Mike's Place For Words", I got a DVD review of CHIKARA "Aniversarioma", Mercedes Martinez stuff, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and a preview of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith!

CHIKARA "Aniversarioma" DVD review

This is one of the few CHIKARA DVD's that I own that I have not been to live. I heard good stuff about this one so I bought it back at Young Lions Cup. For the first time I'm typing my review as I watch the DVD.

2.0 vs. The Osirian Portal was a great fun opener. I miss 2.0 in CHIKARA very much and it was great to see them on this DVD. Before the match, the Portal challenged 2.0 to a dance-off. Portal did a great dance, but 2.0 didn't accept the challenge and got served.

Vin Gerard vs. Create-a-Wrestler went longer than I thought it would because I thought it would just be a squash match with Vin going over. Good match though. Icarus vs. Jimmy Olsen was good. No Jimmy finisher, that backflip powerbomb to piledriver move, though. Gran Akuma and Icarus vs. Lince Dorado and Turbo was a nice tag match. One of Lince's better matches and I'd love to see Turbo as a CHIKARA regular.

Up next is Grudyin and Tucor of Kaiju Big Battle vs. Hydra and Tim Donst. I believe I'm one of the few people that like the whole CHIKARA-Kaiju Big Battel crossover. I've known of Grudyin, but Tucor is a beast which looks like Toucan Sam, the mascot for Fruit Loops. A test-of-strength game was used in this match as well as big wheels used to play chicken with both teams.

The atomicos increibles match (Mike Quackenbush, Cheech, Worker Ant and Stupefied vs. Shane Storm, Cloudy, Soldier Ant and Player Uno) was a very good match. Great interaction between Cheech and Cloudy and great non-stop action you'd expect from a CHIKARA multi-man match. Jorge "Skayde" Rivera vs. Pantera was a good match with Skayde and Pantera going hold for hold. I didn't mind how this match ended.

The main event: Mitch Ryder, Larry Sweeney and Brodie Lee vs. Claudio Castagnoli, Delirious and Hallowicked. I think it would've been hilarious if Brodie came out with the fabulous gimmick with the robe and boas. Claudio came out in Delirious pants and the mask and was going "HEY HEY HEY"rather than "BAH BAH BAH". Claudio did a nice dive over that top rope that made me shout "OHH!!" as I sit quietly at my computer. This was a good match, but I thought it went a little short for a main event.

I thought every match on this DVD was good and I recommend it. You might not like the Kaiju match if you aren't into that stuff.

www.TheLatinaSensation.com

I thought I wrote about this in a previous blog, but I didn't. I guess it was before I joined Blogspot. A while ago, female wrestler Mercedes Martinez ran a contest for somebody to design a graphic for her new website, www.thelatinasensation.com. By the way, the site is up and running for the most part. Go buy some of her merch since she's a very good female wrestler. I later found out that I won and got some merch as prizes. Here's the graphic:


As for the prizes I mentioned, I'm getting one of her t-shirts in the mail soon since she had to order them. Also, I got an autographed 8x10 and one of her DVD's featuring some of her tag matches in the mail the other day. Sometime in future, you can probably expect of review of this one. Here's the mast listing since it's hard to read from that picture:

-8 Woman Elimination: Mercedes Martinez vs. Nikki Roxx vs. Hayley Skye vs. Violet Flame vs. Ariel vs. Cindy Rogers vs. Sarah Sullivan vs. Tanya Lee
-Mercedes Martinez and Cindy Rogers vs. Talia and Alicia
-Mercedes Martinez and Ariel vs. April Hunter and Sumie Sakai
-Mercedes Martinez and Clinically Inclined vs. The Goon Squad
-Mercedes Martinez and D'Lo Brown vs. Slyk Wagner Brown and April Hunter
-Mercedes Martinez and Justin Credible vs. Slyk Wagner Brown and April Hunter

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

After a long wait (I'm not sure why so long) I decided to download The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on my Wii Virtual Console. I first rented this game a long time ago, back when Blockbuster was the big rental thing. About 5 years ago, I finally went to a Game Stop and bought the cartridge. I got the fourth crystal in the second half of the game and stopped playing it. The reason is my brother is in control of the SNES and never had much of a chance to finish.

So earlier in the week I downloaded it and am almost back to where I left off years ago. From what I've played over the years, this is perhaps one of the best SNES games I've ever played, right up there with Super Mario World. This game is really fun and definitely download this one if you never played it before.

Getting ready for Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

I got this reserved at Game Stop and I'm going to pick when it's released. At first I wasn't going to get this because I thought it would be another re-skin like they did with Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's. This one doesn't look like a re-skin thankfully. Also, since the next GH in the series, Guitar Hero: World Tour, is just going to basically be Rock Band, I'm probably not going to get the World Tour game.

What really sold me on this Aerosmith game is that Run DMC is included in the game! I was checking out the Nintendo Channel on my Wii and saw this video. "Walk This Way" by Run DMC and Aerosmith is one of my favorite songs ever. I'm working 35 hours next week so I won't have as much time to play it, but that's good since working more will get me more money!

I'm probably going to play Guitar Hero III to get ready for this. I still got some songs on hard to five-star (Slipknot, Slayer, Metallica) and I doubt I'll ever get past Slipknot on expert.

That's it for now. Most likely in the next one will be a review of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. Also I just got a few more ROH DVD's in the mail, so if I get the chance to sit down and watch some, I'll do a review. Finally, if I ever figure out the RSS stuff, you'll be able to subscribe to this blog through it.

1 comments:

NightRiver said...

Dude! Congrats on winning the mercedes martinez contest! Shes awesome and one of my fav wresters.

A link to the past was one my favorite SNES games, its a tie between that and super metroid. I remember saving up my money as a kid to buy Super Metroid when it came out.