Wednesday, November 26, 2008

XXVI_MPFW

Hello once again. Time for 26. The other night I had a dream that this blog was mentioned on Attack of the Show and I got 6,000 hits in 1 minute. Anyways, I am finally able to get to a Q&A I wanted to do for a long time. I got a nice collection of questions from my friends and wanted to do something fun after working through Black Friday weekend, a bunch of homework, and even more retail work. This offer for submitting questions was exclusive to my Facebook friends, so if you're still using the MySpace, make the jump to Facebook already. Before we get to the fun stuff, I got a big announcement to make!

The Best of 2008 Awards Coming Soon!

2008 is coming to an end. I will have my year-end awards at the end of this year. Categories include moments, movies, video games and pro wrestling. If you want to submit me your choices for the best of 2008, send me a message on MySpace or Facebook and I'll put it on the blog. Here's the schedule for the awards:

December 29 - Miscellaneous Awards
December 30 - Video Game Awards
December 31 - Pro Wrestling Awards

The will all be posted at midnight, hopefully. I'm going to try out this automatic posting for the first time.

Q&A

Q. ok, here's one, since you like the games, who is your favourite game character of the ever? here is a better question: what is the ultimae wrestlemania main event in your opinion? Here's mine.; Quack vs Mantis vs CC vs Sweeney. Never gonna happen.
-Dean P.

A. I have many favorite video games of the ever. I liked Yoshi when I was younger. I love Wario because he's such a fun character. Also, Super Mario because he's so legendary. Others include Kratos from God of War, Sub-Zero from the Mortal Kombat series, Auron from Final Fantasy X, GLaDOS from Portal and Viewtiful Joe. Whatever happened to Viewtiful Joe anyway? The games were fun. I know he had a TV show, too.

As for my Ultimate WrestleMania main event, I'll just say dream match because I don't really care who wrestles who in WWE anymore, I'd have to say Mike Quackenbush vs. Bryan Danielson in a 2-out-of-3 falls, must be a winner match. I was somewhat disappointed with their match at ROH "Death Before Dishonor V Night 2" which was because Danielson had an upcoming ROH world title shot and wasn't supposed to look weak against a non-regular. So make it happen, Ring of Honor or CHIKARA! It has five stars written all over it!

Q. Any question I want? Hmm, ok. What are some of your favorite albums of all time?
-Bill a.k.a. Wrestlingman

A: I've never been big on buying whole albums. I usually download one or two songs that I like. When I was younger, my dad had "Bad Hair Day" and that's how I got into "Weird Al" Yankovic. I love every song on there is awesome including the much talked about "Amish Paradise". I think it's pretty funny that "Weird Al" Yankovic is one of the most successful artists out there and Coolio will only be remembered by the whole controversy about that song.

I also enjoy Led Zeppelin's best of, "Mothership". Led Zeppelin is my favorite band and this has all of my favorite songs of theirs. I also like to listen to Dethklok's "The DethAlbum" from time to time.

Q. How about recommending some graphic novels for us novices?
-Eddie M. a.k.a. Benny of SWF


A: I too am a graphic novel novice. I apologize in advance if this isn't very useful. I highly recommend "Watchmen". It is an amazing graphic novel. You might have to read through it twice or read some websites about the novel to understand it more. I got it when I heard it was going to be made into a movie. I also own the graphic novel of "300" and have read some "Sin City", both recommended by me.

Q. If your job was to convince people to go see an ROH show, what would you tell them?
-Yolanda

A. If this was still the Gabe Sapolsky booked ROH, than it would be an easy answer. Now with Adam Pearce as booker, I haven't seen any of the new stuff yet so I don't know what they have to offer. I've always enjoyed going to ROH over CHIKARA because of the experience. Sure the crowd might be obnoxious, but the ROH crowd is always more into the matches and the obnoxious ones get what's coming to them anyway. There have been some great storylines over the time like the Summer of Punk and more recently, Austin Aries and The Age of the Fall. For the wrestling, they feature the best indy wrestlers on the planet with great guests from Pro Wrestling NOAH and Dragon Gate, and there has always been at least one great match per show.

So if you're in the area, give it a shot. If you don't live in the area, check out some DVD's. One last thing I love about ROH is their frequent DVD sales. Check the site frequently for info on sales. The $10 sale is always great.

Q. What is your opinion of NXE? Did it live up to Microsoft's hype?
-Pat M.


A. I think the NXE (New Xbox Experience for you n00bs), is pretty good. I think it lived up to the hype. It's a lot more organized than the previous one. I like how all of the announcements are on the main menu. The party system is good. I got to try it out with Joe and Wiggly and some other SWF members, but a few guys kept getting disconnected. If I get a larger harddrive, I would like to test out copying games to your harddrive. I've heard it greatly reduces loading times for Grand Theft Auto IV, but not so much for a few games.

I like my little Miicrosoft avatar, but they are useless, unless you get a kick out of watching them while you're playing Uno. They are indeed a blatant ripoff of the Miis from Nintendo. I like the Miis better because you can get more creative with the faces. For example, in my Wii I have, a terminator, RoboCop, Barack Obama, Sarah Palin and The Joker. The clothes for the avatars are limited, like most of my friends are using the football jersey like me. However, more items are being released in the future.

Q. What is the meaning of life? :)
-Marty H.


A. I got nothing, so I'll let Wikipedia take this one:

"The meaning of life constitutes a philosophical question concerning the purpose and significance of human existence. The concept can be expressed through a variety of related questions, such as Why are we here?, What's life all about? and What is the meaning of it all?. It has been the subject of much philosophical, scientific, and theological speculation throughout history and there have been a large number of answers from many different cultural and ideological backgrounds.

The meaning of life is deeply mixed with the philosophical and religious concepts of existence, consciousness, and happiness, and touches on many other issues, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, conceptions of God, the existence of God, the soul and the afterlife. Scientific contributions are more indirect; by describing the empirical facts about the universe, science provides some context and sets parameters for conversations on related topics."

Q. Hmmmm, a question? Okay, I know you play a lot of games on the gaming consoles, do you play at any online sites? If so, what's your favorite?
-Jess A. a.k.a. ~~Jess~~ a.k.a. Squiggle Squiggle Jess Squiggle Squiggle


A. I don't have much time to do internet gaming now. I always like AddictingGames.com and there was another site with all room escaping games. There was a site which used to have Wheel of Fortune, but they took that game down. Sometimes I even go work on crosswords at the USA Today website. I rarely finish them, but it's a good time killer.

Q. Ok Mike, If you were offered a contract by the WWE and they said you could choose your own gimmick, what would your gimmick be?
-UltimoRich

A. I've always wanted to become a manager. I emailed Mike Quackenbush one time and told me that even if you want to become a manager, you still have to go through all of the wrestling training. My name would be Mike Franchise. I would be a sports agent which recruited guys and called them The Franchise Players. Sorta like Larry Sweeney in ROH.

If I was a wrestler, I would have a video game gimmick. If it was CHIKARA, I would love to team up with The Super Smash Bros, but dress up like video game characters like Duke Nukem or Marcus Pheonix from Gears of War.

Q. Hey Mike! Ok, here's a question: What was the best era in wrestling, aside from the "attitdue" era. That's to easy of a pick. also, If you can do a three way trade, with one guy from WWE, TNA and ROH, who would you trade to and where?
-The Profitt


A: My favorite era was WCW around 1996. This is when I first started watching wrestling and loved every minute of it. I remember the whole Sting vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan feud. I admit I was a big Goldberg fan and I loved it when he beat Raven for the US title and Hulk Hogan for the world title.

This trade sounds interesting. Let me see,

From WWE, I would send John Morrison to ROH. He is awesome and I would love to see him get a shot in the indies. Heck, he can even tag with The Miz while he's over there.
From TNA, I would send Samoa Joe to WWE. Joe has already seen plenty of time in ROH and it would be interesting to see him in WWE. He and CM Punk together again would just be insane.
From ROH, I would send Chris Hero to TNA. He was there in the early days. I'm sure he'd end up doing 3 minute matches, but he is definitely someone you can build a company around.

Q. What songs do you want to see as DLC for Rock Band (2)? What classic arcade/console games to you want to see available on XBOX Live Arcade within the next year?
-Chris in York a.k.a. Boney the Dog


A. Anything by Led Zeppelin. They don't want to give out their master recordings, so it won't happen unless they decide to do so. I think Pink Floyd is the same way. Trap Door would be pretty sweet, but I don't know what Wiggly would have to do. Here's some other ideas that have better chances of happening:

-Any song from a previous Guitar Hero game. Aerosmith and Metallica (I think Black Sabbath and Tool also) won't happened since they are exclusive to Guitar Hero.
-Anything from "Weird Al" Yankovic. Some of his original songs would be fun.
-"The DethAlbum" from Dethklok.
-"(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)" - Beastie Boys
-"Money for Nothing" - Dire Straits
-"Magic Man" - Heart
-"Otherworld" from Final Fantasy X
-"Bring tha Noize" - Public Enemy and Anthrax
-"Walkie Talkie Man" - Steriogram
-"Runnin' Down a Dream" - Tom Petty
-"Running With The Devil" - Van Halen
-"Fell in Love With a Girl" - The White Stripes

For the Xbox Live Arcade, Goldeneye would've been awesome, but there were issues with Nintendo and Rare, and the license expired for James Bond (according to what I've read). Somehow I think Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's would be good for download. Also, Hexen, and all those other Doom clones would be nice. I can't think of any classic arcade games that aren't on there already.

Hope you guys enjoyed this one. I might do another Q&A if I get more questions again. Thanks to everyone who helped out. I would like to do another blog before the Best of 2008 Awards, with reviews of Punisher: War Zone, The Wrestler (sadly, it's a limited release until January) and The Spirit. Remember to send me your list of your picks for the best of 2008! See you later!

0 comments: