Sunday, January 4, 2009

XXX_MPFW

Hello friends, I got bored and decided to make this short blog for all of you. In this one, I got some notes from myself and a preview of 2009. Here it is:

Notes from Mike

-I hope you all had a happy holiday. Here's some of the stuff I got from Santa this Christmas:
--Mass Effect for the Xbox 360 - This was one of those games I wanted if I ever got a 360. This is a very good game. I love doing the whole dialog options.
--BioShock for the Xbox 360 - Another game I wanted if I got a 360. This game looks great and it's very challenging. This is a really scary game. I don't see why everybody is calling this a perfect game. From what I've played, it's great, but not perfect.
--A 60GB harddrive for my Xbox 360 with headset and 3 months of Xbox Live. I'm waiting for someone to send me a cord so I can transfer everything to this new harddrive.
--Some Microsoft points - I'm going to wait until I transfer my stuff before I use them. I'm probably going to get a game (Ikaruga, perhaps) and some Rock Band songs.

-A big thanks to everyone who checked out The Best of 2008 Awards. You can still leave a comment there and be eligible to win stuff. I'm trying to think of what else to give away along with the Ric Flair picture. I'll announce a winner next month. The links to the blogs are on the right side if you want to check them out.

-I was going to a full review of World of Goo in this one, but I feel I gave the gist of it in my Video Game Awards. I was also going to do full reviews of WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 and Animal Crossing: City Folk. I recommend both. Also, I didn't get the chance to see The Spirit. I haven't had the time and I heard it got lousy reviews. It's a shame because I really wanted to see it and I feel bad for Frank Miller since Sin City and 300 are some of my favorite movies.

-In my video game news, I was finally able to beat Fallout 3. I wanted to finish the Nuka-Cola Challenge quest before I beat the game. Total time: 56 hours. I wanted to beat Mega Man 9 as well before I went to school, but I haven't had the time to sit down and do so because:

-Either the battery or alternator went on my third car. I'm not going to bother to fix it, so I've purchased a better car, a 94 Toyota. It's a nice looking car and runs great, but needs a tune-up and inspection sticker. I should be driving it by the end of the week.

2009 Preview

I got here a list of some topics that will more than likely be talked about in future editions of this blog. The list is subject to change since there will be more and I might not buy it if it gets really bad reviews. You can also check out a list at the Facebook group, so here it is:

Wrestling live event reviews:

-JAPW Womens' Division on January 10 - I'll be meeting Mel in North Jersey for this show. A lot of top female wrestlers will be there like Sara Del Rey, Daizee Haze, Cheerleader Melissa, Portia Perez, LuFisto, ODB, Nikki Roxx and others. I'm hoping to get my SHIMMER album signed by most of them.
-CHIKARA "Revelation X" on January 25 - As of this typing with the two matches announced, I already love this card. Vin Gerard vs. Jimmy "Equinox" Olsen in a ladder match and Sara Del Rey vs. LuFisto should both be very good.
-CHIKARA "King of Trios 2009" - I'm not sure if all 3 nights will be in Philadelphia. If they are, I'm going to all 3 nights.
-I don't know if I'll be going to much Ring of Honor shows this year. I need to save money somewhere and I've heard mixed opinions of Adam Pearce's ROH.

Movie reviews:

-The Wrestler - I'm not exactly sure when it opens in my area, but I want to see this movie ASAP. It has gotten great reviews from everyone so far.
-Watchmen - I've hyped this movie here before and I'm really looking forward to how it turns out. Only 2 more months left!
-Terminator: Salvation - The trailer looks alright and I'll most likely see it anyway since I'm a fan of the Terminator series.
-X-Men Origins: Wolverine - This one should be good and I'm looking forward to the appearance of Deadpool.

Video game reviews:


-Resident Evil 5 - I'm definitely going to get this game. It looks like it's going to be Resident Evil 4, but a lot better.
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance II: Fusion - If it's like the original game, it should be very good. Apparently there's going to be a larger roster of Marvel characters to choose from.
-Ghostbusters: The Video Game - This game has returned from the dead thanks to Atari. It looks really fun.
-MadWorld - This upcoming Wii game has the style similar to No More Heroes and Viewtiful Joe. From what I've seen, it looks very good.
-The Conduit - A first-person shooter for the Wii. If it gets good reviews, I'll pick it up.
-There will also be some reviews of Xbox Live Arcade and WiiWare games that I'll download if they're good.

Others:

-Q&A Vol. 2 - The last one was a success, so at some point in the year. I'll be answering more of your questions.
-The Best of 2009 - At the end of the year, I'll once again bring you my picks for the best movies, game and pro wrestling

Enjoy your week. The next edition will definitely be a live review from the JAPW Womens' Division show. Until then, take care everyone.

0 comments: