Thursday, January 8, 2009

XXXI_MPFW

Welcome friends to another edition of "Mike's Place For Words". Real quick before I start, I will announce the winner of the Best of 2008 contest in the next blog. I'm looking for a few things to add to the prize pack.

I make my return to live events with a live review of JAPW Women's Division debut show, "Female Revolution". I drove 70 miles up the New Jersey Turnpike in a snow storm for this event, and it turned out to be worth the drive. Because of the weather, there wasn't a meet and greet before the show and some of the wrestlers didn't make it, but the show started on time.

I was going to go to the WSU show, but needed the cash since I just purchased a car that is actually good. Mel and Steve went to WSU and according to them, it was terrible. I met Mel and Steve at the JAPW show and also Yolanda showed up. Let's get to the review.

JAPW Women's Division "Female Revolution" live review

I'd like to call this show "Night of the Broken Microphone". The mic worked whenever it wanted to and they sometimes had to shout announcements, but it seemed to work for the introductions. Before the show, they brought out all the wrestlers. All the ladies advertised were the with the exception of Danyah, Cherry Bomb and Kacey Diamond who unfortunately didn't make it. LuFisto and ODB ended up getting into an argument and then brawled, and the main event will be LuFisto and ODB in a Last Woman Standing match.

Portia Perez def. Jennifer Blake
Match starts out funny with a bunch of karate stuff. Jennifer Blake (or Jennifer Black as Jajouka called her) liked to use the Kenta Kobashi corner chops. Ms. frickin' Perez got the pin with help of the ropes. Good match.

Cheerleader Melissa def. Nikki Roxx
This one was very good as I hoped it would be. Melissa kept going for the Kondo Clutch early on and Nikki shouted "God I hate this move!" That was funny. Melissa won with the Air Raid Crash. Nice match and the crowd was really into it.

Roxxie Cotton def. Sassy Stephie
Roxxie is pulling double duty since she worked the WSU show early in the day. I wasn't paying much attention to this match. Roxxie kept working the arm of Stephie and made her submit with the Crippler Crossface.

Sara Del Rey def. Daizee Haze
This is the third time I've seen them face each other, and this match was probably my favorite out of the three. This is the first time I've seen Sara wrestle with her new evil character. Not sure if I've said this before, but her new outfit makes her look like Crush from American Gladiators, which isn't a bad thing. Anyway, this match was very good and my pick for MOTN. Lots of near finishes and the crowd was going crazy. I personally wanted Daizee to win since she's my favorite. Sara won via submission with a modified Gory special.

Intermission time! WTF? Moment of the Night: former WWE superstar Highlander Robbie McAllister was there signing autographs. During intermission I got autographs and pictures with LuFisto, Jennifer Blake and Portia Perez. Go to my MySpace or Facebook if you want to see my pictures with them. ODB was also selling autographed flasks. Back to the second half of the show.

Raisha Saeed def. Ariel
Cheerleader Melissa working two matches tonight, or is she??? Short match. Saeed used the curb stomp at one point and won with the camel clutch.

Post match, Saeed got on the mic. I couldn't hear much of it, but she announced that Awesome Kong will be at the next show in March. I'll talk more about the next show later.

Annie Social def. Marie Lollipop
Annie also worked the WSU show earlier in the day. I hope I'm right with Lollipop's name. It wasn't the former cage dancer for TNA. Match was neh and the crowd didn't care. Annie got the pin after a split-legged stunner type move.

ODB def. LuFisto in Last Woman Standing
LuFisto is wearing an awesome Sailor Moon outfit. I got this picture from her MySpace. I just had to share it:

Starts out with some stiff shots between the two and leads to brawling through the crowd. LuFisto got busted open at one point, but I couldn't tell how. Back in the ring, LuFisto tries to Irish whip ODB into a chair, but ODB picks it up and throws it at LuFisto with a hard shot to her head. A door gets brought into the ring, but doesn't get used. Both head up to the entrance area. ODB then choke bombs LuFisto through a table which actually looked like part of the stage. Referee counts to 10 and ODB wins. Very good match despite it feeling a little short. ODB was huge over with the crowd whom really enjoyed this match.

Afterwards Raisha Saeed was at the gimmick table and I got her to sign my SHIMMER album on behalf of Cheerleader Melissa. I didn't see Nikki Roxx or Ariel afterwards. I wanted them to sign my album as well.

I had a really fun time at this show. As I mentioned earlier, the next show will be on March 14. I probably won't be there since I want to save money for King of Trios 2009. I recommend the DVD when it comes out. I'll most likely be buying it just to support them. If you're in the area, try to make it to the next show. I really think they can compete with SHIMMER in the future.

Hope you enjoyed that one. I'm not sure when the next one will be and what will be in it. School has started back up for me so I'll be working on that a lot. See you next time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review, and yes she did say that khan is coming, and yes Sara vs Daizee was the match of the night.