Friday, May 22, 2009

XXXIX_MPFW

Here comes 39 of MPFW with a live review of CHIKARA's "Aniversario Yang", from their 7th anniversary weekend. Going into this show, the card looked great so I know it would be awesome. Before the show, I got a Frightmare mask because Frightmare is my favorite wrestler (along with Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen, Bryan Danielson, Player Uno, Daizee Haze and others). Although I originally paid for general admission, Yolanda had some front row tickets, so I ended up front row across hard camera for this show. A big thanks to her. Go buy her t-shirts, the link is on the right side.

CHIKARA "Aniversario Yang" live review

Brodie Lee and Grizzly Redwood def. Los Ice Creams
It's always a treat when we get to see Los Ice Creams in action. Fun match as expected. Brodie Lee picks up Grizzly, knocks over both Ice Creams and places him on top for the pinfall.

Ophidian def. Arik Cannon
This turned out to be a great match out of nowhere. Great singles match. At one point, Cannon did this series of moves which ended with a quick, sick-looking Total Anarchy. Cannon went for the Glimmering Warlock, but Amasis grabbed his leg, allowing Ophidian to roll up Cannon.

The Order of the Neo Solar Temple (UltraMantis Black, Delirious and Crossbones) def. The Saturday Night Slam Masters (Player Uno, Player Dos and Create-a-Wrestler)
Originally a tag match, but now a trios match adding Delirious to the Temple and CAW to the opposing team. That's right, Delirious is the new third member of the Temple. Delirious hits Player Uno with the Praying Mantis Bomb and allows Mantis to get the pinfall for his team. Fun match.

D'Lo Brown and Glacier def. Vin Gerard and Colin Delaney
Good match here. Great to see D'Lo Brown again. I need to figure out that song he uses for entrance music because I want it in my iTunes library. Vin Gerard gets a lariat from D'Lo and gets legit KO'd. D'Lo puts Colin in the CHIKARA Special, and Glacier nails Vin with the Cryonic Kick getting the pin for his team. I think this is the first match that Glacier has ever won.

Intermission time. I wanted to get a picture with D'Lo Brown, but he left before I had the chance. Tim Donst and Hydra are playing songs which takes us right to the next match.

2.0 (Jagged and Shane Matthews) def. The Sea Donsters (Tim Donst and Hydra)
Short and fun match. It's been a while, but I finally get to see 2.0 wrestle live again. Jagged pins Hydra earning 1 point for 2.0. After the match, Tim Donst is disappointed with Hydra. Uh oh.

Incoherence (Hallowicked and Frightmare) and Incoherence (Cheech as Hallowicked and Cloudy as Frightmare) def. Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw, Helios and Lince Dorado
Mike Quackenbush is taking the place of the injured Equinox in this match. Cheech and Cloudy are dressed as Incoherence in this match, and it took me halfway through the match to determine who was who on the Incoherence team. This match was insanely awesome. Extremely fast paced with lots of awesome lucha stuff in this match. I was getting exhausted just watching this match. Cheech and Cloudy hit Lince Dorado with their shining wizard/powerbomb onto knee combination for the win. A much deserved standing ovation after the match.

Eddie Kingston def. Claudio Castagnoli
I was looking forward to this match the most out of the whole card. Hard-hitting match and I was really happy with it. Kingston pinned Claudio with an Oklahoma roll, hopefully continuing the feud between the two, which I'm really looking forward to.

The Colony (Fire Ant and Soldier Ant) def. F.I.S.T. (Icarus and Chuck Taylor) in Double Hair vs. Double Mask
Green Ant is out to aid his teammates, as is Gran Akuma for his team. A lot of great stuff in this match. The emotion in this match is huge and the crowd is going crazy for every bit of it. Taylor nails the Omega Driver on Soldier Ant through a table to the outside. A debuting ant wearing a tan color debuts to aid The Colony. This match was amazing. Fire Ant hits the Beach Break on Chuck Taylor getting the victory, and costing both members of F.I.S.T. to be shaved bald. See this match for yourselves to see all of the awesome stuff I didn't write about.

Get the DVD! Get the DVD! Get the DVD! Get the DVD! Get the DVD! Get the DVD! Get the DVD! This show was great from top to bottom. I can't decide on my match of the night, so I would say the 8-man tag and the lucha de apuesta main event were both equally awesome.

That about does it. I'm working on a review for Terminator Salvation. I debating whether to post it by itself or not. See you all next time.

0 comments: