Friday, May 15, 2009

XXXVIII_MPFW

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK! After two months of absence, MPFW returns with an update and some quick reviews of stuff that happened while on hiatus.

Viruses Are No Fun

I've been busy with school work and my job. I was ready to post a new MPFW for you all when a series of unfortunate events unfolded. If you haven't been following me on Facebook, my computer was put of a commission for a while due to a virus while trying to find a certain program. AVG recognized it, but when I restarted the computer it was too late. The dreaded blue screen of doom had appeared on my computer.

I tried everything I could to fix it in safe mode, but the problem was still there. I ended up taking the computer to Geek Squad for them to fix. The whole computer needed to get reformatted and they were able to back-up all my files. So 2 weeks without a computer and a lot of money later, I recommend backing up everything on an external hard drive and reformatting the computer yourselves. It will save you a lot of time and money.

Quick Reviews

I'm going to do some reviews of some of the stuff I didn't get to do a full review for during the period of absence. In the world of video games, I purchased Guitar Hero: Metallica. The motion capture is very well done, a lot of great songs and they're all fun to play on each instrument. I've also been playing Soulcalibur IV, which my brother got for his birthday. Looks great, but not as good as the second game, which is one of my all-time favorites. I also downloaded OutRun Online Arcade. Pretty good racing game and very challenging. Another downloaded game I purchased is Brain Challenge. Pretty interesting game, and I recommend it if you got it on sale for 400 Microsoft points.

I saw two movies in theaters this May. X-Men Origins: Wolverine was OK. Nothing too special. If you like Deadpool, you'll be disappointed by the amount of screen time he gets in this movie. Luckily, he's getting his own movie. On the other hand, Star Trek was a great movie. Most likely the best franchise reboot ever done. Entertaining, staying true to the original series yet adding something new. Go see this movie.

For the first time in MPFW history, I will do a quick review of a book and a music album. The WWE Encyclopedia is a nice pick-up from Amazon. It features a ton of information about every wrestler that has ever worked for the company (It's all written in kayfabe, but still a lot of good information). In music world, one of my favorite bands, Lacuna Coil, released their new album "Shallow Life". I really like the song "Spellbound", and the album as a whole is a very interesting and very entertaining.

MPFW returns with its usual swagger with a live review of CHIKARA's "Aniversario Yang". It's going to be an awesome show. By the way, May 2 was the first birthday of MPFW, so we missed that while we were gone. Check me out on the Facebook, follow me on Twitter, send me money, buy me stuff and check out the other fine links. See you next time!

0 comments: